Introduction: A key idea into today’s Sunday School material is that David urges his readers to enthusiastically worship God. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to enthusiastically worship God with our lips and lives.
Read I Chronicles 16:8-12
I. Call to Worship.
- Participation. Notice in vss. 8-9, 36 that the readers are called to praise the Lord with singing to the Lord about His goodness and miraculous deeds. .....Let’s work on participating in enthusiastic God centered praise and worship.
- Seeking God. Notice in vss. 11-12 the mention of seeking the Lord’s strength and face......Let’s make sure we seek God in worship.
Read I Chronicles 16:28-33
II. Call Extended.
- Worshipful giving. Notice in vs. 29 that worship included giving. Passages like Matthew 6:21 remind us that where our treasurers are is where our hearts are. ….. Let’s give out of gratitude for what God has already done.
- Reverence and holiness. Notice in vss. 29-31 that worship is to be done with deep reverence and holiness...... Let’s work on worshipping God with the reverence and holiness that leads to obeying Him.
Read I Chronicles 16:34-36
III. Call Concluded.
- The Lord’s goodness and love. Notice in vs. 34 that the Lord’s goodness and enduring love are mentioned...... Let’s live like we really understand God’s goodness and love.
- Motives. Notice in vs. 35 that the writer seems to seek God’s salvation and deliverance from enemy nations so he can worship God even more. .....Let’s seek God’s blessings for the right reasons.
Conclusion: Let’s work on enthusiastically worshiping God with our lips and lives. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.