Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that Jesus will bless those who are a blessing to others and punish those who are not a blessing to others. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to be a blessing to others.
Read Matthew 25:31-33
I. Gathering Nations.
- Jesus ruling over all nations. Notice in vss. 31-33 that the Son of Man/Jesus will rule over all nations and do some separating......Let’s work on living like we want to be sheep of Jesus - who will rule over all nations.
Read Matthew 25:34-40
II. Sheep on the Right.
- Christian service. Notice in vss. 34-40 that serving the needs of people is considered to be serving the Lord......Let’s help people as a part of our Christianity.
- Being a blessed blessing to others. Notice in vs. 34 that service leads to blessings......Let’s live like we believe that God blesses those who are a blessing to others.
Read Matthew 25:41-45
III. Goats on the Left.
- Negligence. Notice in vss. 41-46 that a failure to serve the needs of people is a failure to the serve the Lord...........Let’s not be negligent in serving the Lord.
- Punishment. Notice in vss. 41, 46 that the Lord punishes sin. It is bad that a lack of service is sin.......Let’s work on obeying God, so we can avoid His punishment.
Conclusion: Let’s work on being a blessing to others. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for Sunday School MaterialClick here for home page.