Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that David is excited about God being a promise keeper regarding the house of the Lord. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to live like we trust God to be a promise keeper.
Read I Chronicles 17:16-22
I. Past Blessings.
- Unworthiness. Notice in vs. 16 that David acknowledges his unworthiness of God’s great blessings. ..... Let’s live like we believe that we are here by grace, not our goodness.
- Servants of God. Notice in vs. 18 that David acknowledges that he is a servant of God. ..... Let’s stay humble before the Lord, despite our Earthly success.
- God the only one. Notice in vs. 20 that God is in a category all by Himself. ..... Let’s live like we believe that God is the only one. This should include our obedience to Him.
- God’s group. Notice in vss. 21-22 that David talks about how good the Lord has been to Israel. ..... Let’s be careful about idolizing our people groups over God’s church.
Read I Chronicles 17:23-27
II. Future Blessings.
- God’s promises. Notice in vs. 23 that David calls on God to keep His promise. .....Let’s live in obedience to God like we trust Him to be a promise keeper.
- God’s glory. Notice in vs. 24 that David was concerned about God getting the glory. ......Let’s live like we are concerned with God getting the glory out of our lives.
- God’s faithfulness. Notice in vs. 27 the idea that God’s will is to be established forever. ......Let’s live like we trust God’s faithfulness.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living like we trust God to be a promise keeper. God has much for those who obey His will.