Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that Jesus is born with a great ministry assignment. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to live like we appreciate Jesus’ ministry.
Read Luke 1:26-31
I. The Angel Announces.
- Sent to Nazareth. Notice in vs. 26 that the angel was sent to Nazareth to talk with Mary..... Let’s work on being sendable and concerned with people who are often marginalized.
- Virginity and marriage. Notice in vs. 27 that Mary was a virgin and was going to be married to Joseph. Let’s work on valuing virginity and marriage as God is calling us to.
- Favor over fear. Notice in vs. 30 that the angel was calling Mary to focus on God’s favor more than her fear. Let’s work on keeping our minds on the Lord more than on our fears.
Read Luke 2:22, 25-35
II. The Spirit Reveals.
- Our young people. Notice in vs. 22 that Joseph and Mary took Jesus to the Temple......Let’s work on the discipleship development of our young people.
- A godly reputation. Notice in vs. 25 Simeon had a great reputation. He was known for being righteous, devoted, waiting on the Lord, and having the Holy Spirit on him. Let’s work on living up to a godly reputation.
- Jesus’ ministry. Notice in vss. 32-35 that Jesus would be a blessing to Gentiles and Jews, while also being the cause of falling for many. Let’s live like we appreciate the marvelous ministry of Jesus.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living like we appreciate Jesus’ ministry. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.