Introduction: A key idea in today’s material is that Mary visits Elizabeth and there is an exchange about how God has done, is doing, and will do great things. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to work on sharing with one another about the goodness of the Lord.
Read Luke 1:39-45
I. Family Visit.
- Leaping before birth. Notice in vss. 41, 44 that the baby in Elizabeth’s womb leaped with joy before he was born. Let’s work to stop so many abortions and murders of unborn babies.
- Filled with the Spirit. Notice in vs. 41 that Elizabeth was filled with the Spirit......Let’s cooperate with the Spirit’s filling and controlling of our lives.
- God the promise keeper. Notice in vss. 45, 54-55 that there are blessings attached to believing the promises of God......Let’s live like we trust that God is a promise keeper.
Read Luke 1:46-56
II. Expectant Mother’s Song.
- Rejoicing. Notice in vss. 49 that Mary rejoices about the great things God has done. Let’s work on rejoicing about God’s goodness.
- God is generational. Notice in vs. 50 that there is mention of God being a God of each generation. .....Let’s find comfort in knowing that God will be here for generations to come, and let’s help each generation to get to know the Lord.
- Humble obedience. Notice in vss. 51-53 that God is pictured as taking care of the humble people who obey Him and bringing down those who arrogantly don’t obey Him. .....Let’s work on humbly obeying God and trusting Him to handle those who do not.
- Godly supportive relationships. Notice in vss. 39-56 that Mary went to visit with Elizabeth, and they spent time encouraging one another in the things of the Lord. …..Let’s work on developing godly and supportive relationships.
Conclusion: Let’s work on sharing with one another about the goodness of the Lord. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.