Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God called Moses to help God’s people understand and obey God’s word. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to work on helping one another understand and obey God’s word for generations to come.
Read Deuteronomy 6:1-5
I. Priority of Obedience. Applications –
- Learning and obeying. Notice in vs. 1 that God sent Moses to teach God’s people to obey God’s word...... Let’s work on being a disciple making church.
- Generational obedience. Notice in vss. 2, 7 that God wanted obedience to be generational in scope. ...... Let’s work on generational discipleship training and support.
- Blessed obedience. Notice in vss. 2-3 that obedience leads to blessings like longevity and things going well for God’s people in the land of milk and honey. ..... Let’s be obedient to God’s word, so we can experience His blessings.
- Loving God. Notice in vss. 4-5 that God is one and He calls for His people to love Him with all that they have – heart, soul, and strength......Let’s work on loving our one God with all that we have.
Read Deuteronomy 6:6-9
II. Priority of Teaching.
- Daily reinforcement. Notice in vss. 6-9 that God calls for His word to be on our hearts and found in our daily living. ..... Let’s work on talking about and living by God’s word, in every area of our lives.
Conclusion: Let’s work on helping one another understand and obey God’s word for generations to come. God has much for those who obey His will.Click here for home page.