Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that David calls for his readers to praise the Lord, since He has been so good. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to praise the Lord, in light of how good He has been to us.
Read Psalm 103:1-5
I. Open Exhortation.
- Praise from the inside out. Notice in vss. 1-2 the call to praise the Lord from the inside out. ... Let’s work on a praising the Lord from the inside out.
Read Psalm 103:6-17a
II. God’s Character.
- The oppressed. Notice in vs. 6 that the Lord works for the oppressed. ... Let’s work on helping the oppressed.
- God making Himself known. Notice in vs. 7 that the Lord revealed Himself to Moses and Israel. … Let’s prayerfully study and obey God’s word, as authoritative truth.
- God’s love. Notice in vss. 8-17a that God has unmeasurable love for His people. ... Let’s live like we know that God loves us.
- Fearing the Lord. Notice in vss. 8-17a that God loves His people. ... Let’s work on fearing God enough to live in obedience to Him.
Read Psalm 103:21-22
III. Closing Exhortation.
- Praise. Notice in vss. 21-22 the call for all of creation to praise the Lord. ... Let’s work on being dutiful in praising the Lord.
Conclusion: Let’s work on praising the Lord, in light of how good He has been to us. God has much for those who obey His will.Click here for home page.