Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that there is great rejoicing as the Ark of God is being transported to Jerusalem. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to worship God with enthusiasm.
Read I Chronicles 15:1-3, 14-16
- Reverent service. Notice in vs. 2 that the Ark of God was to be handled with care...... Let’s work on serving with due reverence.
- Attendance. Notice in vss. 3 that all of Israel was assembled for the worshipful event......Let’s work on being faithful in both attendance and participation in Christian worship.
- Music. Notice in vs. 16 that there was some music. .....Let’s work on godly music in our Christian lives.
Read I Chronicles 15:25-29a
- Giving. Notice in vs. 26 that seven bulls and rams were sacrificed......Let’s work on rending heart felt worship to God, which should include giving (i.e., tithes and offerings).
- Dress code. Notice in vs. 27 that the clothing of David, the Levites, and others is mentioned...... Let’s dress unto the Lord more than unto traditions.
- Enthusiastic worship. Notice in vs. 28 that there was enthusiastic rejoicing, music, and dancing. .....Let’s work on being enthusiastic in our worship of God.
Conclusion: Let’s work on worshiping God with enthusiasm. God has much for those who obey His will.