Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God blessed Isaac and Rebekah with twins who grew to be rather different. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to work on our praying, trusting God, and loving our young people.
Read Genesis 25:19-23
I. Distressed Mother.
- Isaac. Notice in vss. 20-21 that Isaac prayed for his wife’s barrenness, and the Lord answered his prayer. ..... Let’s work on praying and trusting God’s answer.
- Rebekah. Notice in vss.22-23 that Rebekah inquired of the Lord about the activity going on in her womb...... Let’s work on talking with and trusting the Lord.
Read Genesis 25:24-28
II. Distinctive Boys.
- Loving our young people. Notice in vss. 27-28 that Esau and Jacob were rather different...... Let’s work on ministering to our young people in godly ways.
Read Genesis 25:29-34
III. Despised Birthright.
- Esau. Notice in vss. 29-34 that Esau was a poor steward of the birthright that had been entrusted to him...... Let’s work on being a wise steward of all that God has entrusted to us.
- Jacob. Notice in vss. 29-34 that Jacob took advantage of his brother’s poor stewardship......Let’s work on Christian sibling kindness and trusting God to work things out for His people.
Conclusion: Let’s work on praying, trusting God, and loving our young people. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.