Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God blessed Jacob’s working for Laban. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to work on being wise stewards of what God has placed in our trust, including our wealth creating abilities.
Read Genesis 30:22-24
I. Increase of Family.
- Our prayer lives. Notice in vss. 22-24 that God heard Rachel’s prayers and answered according to His will......Let’s work on trusting God with our prayer lives.
Read Genesis 30:25-32, 43
II. Increase of Flocks.
- Getting our houses in order. Notice in vss. 25, 30 that Jacob appears to focus on having independent provision for his family, after Joseph was born......Let’s work on being wise stewards of even our financial resources.
- Two wives. Notice in vs. 26 that Jacob had two wives...... Instead of just doing what others are doing, let’s prayerfully study and obey God’s word.
- Divination. Notice in vs. 27 that Laban says he learned about the Lord from divination......Instead of looking to extra sources, let’s work on prayerfully studying and obeying God’s word as the authoritative guide for our lives.
- Blessed work. Notice in vs. 30 that the Lord blessed the work on Jacob......Let’s work on doing good work for the Lord to bless.
- Wealth. Notice in vss. 31, 32, 43 that Jacob essentially tricked Laban into gaining great wealth......Let’s avoid seeking wealth in ungodly ways.
Conclusion: Let’s work on being wise stewards of what God has placed in our trust, including our wealth creating abilities. God has much for those who obey His will.Click here for home page.