Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that Peter urges his readers to work on living godly lives. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to work on living godly lives.
Read II Peter 1:1-2
- Serving and praying. Notice in vss. 1-2 that Peter identifies himself as a servant and Apostle of Jesus Christ. ..... Let’s work on serving the Lord and praying for God’s blessings on others.
Read II Peter 1:3-11
- Having all that we need. Notice in vss. 3-4 that God has given His people what they need to live godly lives. ......Let’s focus on using what God has given us to live for Him.
- Working on godly living. Notice in vss. 5-11 that the readers are called to make every effort to live godly lives, so they can be blessed......Let’s work on living godly lives.
Read II Peter 1:12-15
- Foundational truths. Notice in vss. 12, 15 that Peter was focused on keeping his readers mindful of some truths, especially in light of his death coming soon......Let’s work on staying mindful of foundational truths.
- Our tents. Notice in vss. 13-14 that Peter understood that his life was like living in a tent. .....Let’s live like we know that this body is a temporary dwelling place for our souls.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living godly lives. God has much for those who obey His will.Click here for home page.