Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that Jacob had a dream that led to him making a vow to serve the Lord. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to serve the Lord because of how good the Lord has already been to us.
Read Genesis 28:10-15
I. Moving Away.
- God’s blessings for sinful Jacob. Notice in vss. 12-15 that God had blessings for Jacob, despite his many sins. .....Let’s work on trusting God’s ability to do a new thing.
- Being a blessing to others. Notice in vs. 14 that God had a plan to bless other people through the life of Jacob. ..... Let’s work on letting God bless others through us.
- We still have the Lord. Notice in vs. 15 that even though Jacob was distant from his family, he was in the presence of God. .....Let’s live like we know the value of experiencing God’s presence.
Read Genesis 28:16-19
II. Marking the Place.
- God’s presence. Notice in vss. 16-19 that Jacob was conscious of the Lord’s presence. .....Let’s live like we are in God’s presence.
- Dreams and the Bible. Notice in vss. 16-19 that Jacob had a dream. ..... Let’s live like we believe the Bible is authoritative truth.
Read Genesis 28:20-22
III. Making a Vow.
- God has done enough. Notice in vss. 20-22 that Jacob talks about how God will be his God, after God does some more things for him. ..... Let’s live like God has done enough for Him to be our God and for us to honor Him with our tithes and offerings.
Conclusion: Let’s work on serving the Lord because of how good the Lord has already been to us. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.