Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that Peter urges his readers to focus on the Lord’s return and to love one another. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to focus on the Lord’s return and to love one another.
Read I Peter 1:13-16
I. Focusing Our Minds.
– Hoping in the Lord. Notice in vs. 13 that the readers were to take responsibility for hoping in Jesus’ return. .....Let’s work on hoping in the Lord, not the things of this world.
– Holy living. Notice in vss. 14-16 that the readers were called to avoid conforming to the evil of their day and to live holy lives. ….. Let’s work on holy living, instead of evil living.
Read I Peter 1:17-21
II. Focusing Our Faith.
– Reverent fear. Notice in vs. 17 that God is pictured as a father who judges impartially. …... Let’s work on living like we reverently fear the Lord.
– Redemption through Christ. Notice in vss. 18-21 that the readers are redeemed from empty lives to living for God through the ministry of Jesus Christ. ….. Let’s live like we appreciate the ministry of Jesus Christ for us. This kind of living should be known for joyfully obeying God’s will.
Read I Peter 1:22-25
III. Focusing Our Love.
– Loving deeply from the heart. Notice in vs. 22 that the readers are called to love one another deeply from their hearts (i.e., the place of valuable and accepted beliefs). …..Let’s work on loving one another deeply from our hearts.
– Sharing God’s enduring word. Notice in vss. 24-25 that the word of the Lord endures, even when people fall away...... Let’s work on sharing God’s enduring word.
Conclusion: Let’s work on focusing on the Lord’s return and loving one another. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.