Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that Isaac blessed tricky Jacob. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to avoid the sinful examples in our text and be thankful for the blessings that God has placed in our lives.
Read Genesis 27:5-10
I. Deception Suggested.
- Favoritism. Notice in vss. 5-6 that Isaac considered Esau his son and Rebekah considered Jacob her son...... Let’s work on loving and striving to develop all of our young people.
- Rebekah’s deception. Notice in vss. 8-10 that Rebekah was a deceptive wife and terrible example as a mother...... Let’s work on learning from Rebekah’s bad example.
Read Genesis 27:18-19
II. Deception Started.
- Jacob’s deception. Notice in vss. 18-20 that Jacob cooperates with the deceptive plan...... Let’s work on living the life that we want to give an account for when we stand before the Lord.
Read Genesis 27:21-29
III. Deception Succeeds.
- Isaac’s doubt. Notice in vss. 21-27 that Isaac wrestled with his doubts and made a huge mistake. ..... Let’s learn from Isaac’s handling of his doubts.
- Blessing the next generation. Notice in vss. 27-29 that Isaac made plans to be a blessing to his son...... Let’s do what we can to help those coming behind us.
- Blessings. Notice in vss. 27-29 that Jacob’s blessings include material blessings, rulership, and being the source of curses and blessings......Let’s work on appreciating our blessings and being careful how we treat God’s people.
Conclusion: Let’s work on avoiding the sinful examples in our text and being thankful for the blessings that God has placed in our lives. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.