Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that Paul commends the Thessalonians for their godly reputation. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to work on having godly reputations.
Read I Thessalonians 1:2-3
– Praying for one another. Notice in vs. 2 that Paul and his company prayed for the believers in Thessalonica. ..... Let’s work on praying for one another.
– Godly reputations. Notice in vs. 3 that the believers in Thessalonica had a good reputation. ..... Let’s work on developing godly reputations.
Read I Thessalonians 1:4-6
– God’s loving and choosing us. Notice in vs. 4 that Paul reminds the Thessalonians that they are loved and chosen by God. ......Let’s stay mindful of God’s loving us and choosing us.
– Sharing God’s word. Notice in vs. 5 that Paul talks about sharing God’s word with his lips and the Spirit moving through his life....... Let’s work on sharing God’s word with our lips and lives.
– Being examples. Notice in vs. 6 that the Thessalonians imitated Paul’s walk with God. ..... Let’s work on being examples of walking with God.
Read I Thessalonians 1:7-10
– God’s wrath. Notice in vs. 10 that the Thessalonians were saved from the coming wrath of God. There are some who dismiss the wrath of God and Hell......Let’s live like we appreciate being saved from God’s wrath.
Conclusion: Let’s work on having godly reputations. God has much for those who obey His will.Click here for home page.