Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God gave Noah instructions for how to avoid being destroyed in the coming flood. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to follow God’s instructions to avoid His punishment.
Read Genesis 6:9b-12
I. Faithful Man.
- Righteousness. Notice in vs. 9b that Noah is described as righteous, blameless, and walking faithfully with God. .....Let’s work on living in obedience to God’s will.
- God sees. Notice in vss. 11-12 that God was displeased when He saw how corrupt and violent the earth had become. .....Let’s work on living like God sees what is going on.
Read Genesis 6:13-21
II. Divine Plan.
- God’s displeasure. Notice in vss. 13, 17 that God doesn’t only experience displeasure, but He also does something about it. .....Let’s avoid displeasing God, but simply obeying Him.
- Follow instructions. Notice in vss. 14-16, 19-21 that God’s blessings for Noah and family included the following of God’s instructions. .....Let’s work on following God’s instructions, so we can enjoy what He has for us.
- Fellowship with God. Notice in vs. 18 that God desires to have fellowship with His people, and He even has a plan for animals. .....Let’s not lose heart, when we are going through a season of punishment. And let’s be careful about how we treat animals.
Read Genesis 6:22
III. Obedient Man.
Conclusion: Let’s work on following God’s instructions to avoid His punishment. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.