Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God blessed Isaac to be married to Rebekah. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to work on discerning and obeying God’s will.
Read Genesis 24:12-21
I. Answered Prayer.
- Our prayer lives. Notice in vss. 12-14 that the servant asked the Lord to help him be successful......Let’s work on our prayer lives.
- Rebekah’s example. Notice in vss. 15-21 that Rebekah was beautiful, a virgin, and known for her hospitality...... Let’s work on learning from Rebekah’s example.
Read Genesis 24:61-67
II. Answered Call.
- Relocating. Notice in vs. 61 that Rebekah was willing to go...... Let’s seek God’s wisdom and courage about moving.
- Meditating. Notice in vs. 63 that Isaac made time to meditate......Let’s work on meditating on God, His will for our lives, and our obedience to His will.
- Marriage. Notice in vs. 67 that Isaac married Rebekah......Let’s work on respecting marriage and God’s will.
- Grief. Notice in vs. 67 that Isaac was able to move forward after a season of grieving the loss of his mother...... Let’s work on dealing with our grief in healthy ways.
Conclusion: Let’s work on prayerfully discerning and obeying God’s will. God has much for those who obey His will.Click here for home page.