Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that Jesus forgave a sinful woman, despite the Pharisee’s condemning spirit. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to help people get right with God, despite condemning spirits.
Read Luke 7:37-38
I. The Sinful Woman.
- God is near. Notice in vs. 37 that the sinful woman learned about Jesus being near. .....Let’s work on helping sinners know that God is near.
* We will look at her behavior below.
Read Luke 7:39-43
II. The Host and His Guest.
- Condemning spirits. Notice in vs. 39 that the Pharisee looked at what was going on and thought condemning thoughts related to Jesus. ..... Let’s be mindful of condemning spirits.
- Effective communication. Notice in vss. 40-43 that Jesus used a story to communicate......Let’s work on effective communication.
Read Luke 7:44-48
III. The Guest. Jesus calls the man, Simon.
- Helping people live right. Notice in vss. 44-46 that Jesus helps Simon see how he is missing the mark. ..... Let’s work on helping people to live right, instead of wrong.
- Getting right with God. Notice in vss. 37-38, 47 that the sinful woman did what she believed would help her get right with God. ..... Let’s work on helping people get right with God.
- Demonstrated love of God. Notice in vs. 47 that the woman showed much love because of her great sins.......Let’s demonstrate a large amount of love because God has forgiven us for such a large amount of sin.
Conclusion: Let’s work on helping people get right with God, despite condemning spirits. God has much for those who obey His will.Click here for home page.