Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God blessed Abraham and Sarah with Isaac. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to trust God to take care of us, no matter how long it takes.
Read Genesis 18:9-15
I. Human Impossibility.
- God’s ability. Notice in vss. 10, 12, 14 that God can do the impossible, but according to His timing...... Let’s work on trusting God to do what He said He would do, no matter how long it takes.
- Fear and sin. Notice in vs. 15 that fear played a role in Sarah lying about laughing...... Let’s work on having faith in God, instead of fear of our circumstances.
Read Genesis 21:1-7
II. Divine Reality.
- God’s grace. Notice in vs. 1 that God had grace on Sarah......Let’s live like we believe that God is gracious.
- A part of the covenant community. Notice in vs. 4 that Abraham circumcised Isaac...... Let’s live like we are in the covenant community.
- 100 years old. Notice in vs. 5 that God used Abraham, even at the age of 100 years old...... Let’s work on serving the Lord, while we can.
Conclusion: Let’s work on trusting God to take care of us, no matter how long it takes. God has much for those who obey His will.Click here for home page.