Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that Jesus heals a servant apparently because of a centurion’s faith. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to work on living like we trust God to do great things.
Read Luke 7:1-5
– Listening to the Lord. Notice in vs. 1 that there was a crowd who listened to what Jesus was saying. ...... Let’s work on hearing and obeying God’s word, instead of just hanging around the church activities.
– The centurion’s situation. Notice in vss. 2-5 that the centurion sent Jewish elders to ask Jesus to come and heal his sick servant. ...... Let’s work on witnessing, having prayer supporters, doing good, and trusting God’s healing power.
Read Luke 7:6-8
– Worthiness. Notice in vss. 6-7 that the centurion sent his friends to tell Jesus that he was not worthy to have Jesus in his home. .....Let’s live like we know that we are not worthy of special blessings.
– God’s authority. Notice in vss. 7-8 that the centurion talks about authority. .....Let’s live like we believe that God has untold authority.
Read Luke 7:9-10
– Faith development and teachable moments. Notice in vss. 9-10 that Jesus talk to His crowd about the centurion’s amazing faith. .....Let’s work on developing our faith and being sensitive to teachable moments.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living like we trust God to do great things. God has much for those who obey His will.