Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God called Abram to relocated and Abram obeyed. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to trust and obey the Lord’s will for our lives.
Read Genesis 10:1; 11:10, 27
- Live like God has brought us to this point. Notice in vss. 1, 10, 27 that family connections are mentioned ... Let’s work on being so thankful for how God has brought us to this point that we strive to please Him with how we live.
Read Genesis 11:31, 32
- The danger of getting settled. Notice in vss. 31-32 that Terah and company left Ur to go to Canaan but ended up settling in Harran.
... Let’s work on pursuing all that God has for us, wherever that may be.
Read Genesis 12:1-4
- Moving at God’s command. Notice in vs. 1 that that God spoke to Abram about the next move. ..... Let’s work on hearing and obeying what God is saying.
- Abraham. Notice in vss. 2-3 that God had a marvelous plan for Abram. .....Let’s live like we appreciate God’s use of Abraham and trust Him to do great things in and through our lives.
- Being obedient. Notice in vs. 4 that 75 year old Abram obeyed God’s will to relocate. .....Let’s listen for and obey the verbs and instructions of God.
Conclusion: Let’s work on trusting and obeying the Lord’s will for our lives. God has much for those who obey His will.Click here for home page.