Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that Jesus will bless those who are a blessing to others and punish those who are not a blessing to others. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to be a blessing to others.
Read II Thessalonians 3:1-5
I. Direct Your Hearts.
- Our prayer lives. Notice in vs. 1 that Paul calls on his readers to pray for him and his team. .....Let’s work on our prayer lives.
- The Lord’s faithfulness. Notice in vs. 3 that the Lord is faithful. And with His faithfulness, He gives His people strength and protection. ..... Let’s work on being open to whatever way God wants to bless us.
- Trusting the Lord. Notice in vss. 4-5 that Paul is confident in the Lord. .....Let’s work on trusting the Lord.
Read II John 4-6
II. Walk in Truth.
- Helping people walk in the truth. Notice in vss. 4-6 that John talks about his joy in seeing people walk in the truth. Let’s work on helping people walk in the truth with special emphasis on loving one another.
Read II John 7-11
II. Reject the Deceivers.
- Deceivers. Notice in vss. 7,10-11 that there were many deceivers in John’s time. Let’s work on avoiding the traps of deceivers.
- Faithfulness. Notice in vss. 8-9 that John urges his readers to make sure they continue in the godly living that they were previously noted for. .....Let’s work on being faithful with the Lord.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living by God’s will, despite all of the challenges. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.