Introduction: A key idea in today’s material is that the Ark is placed in the Temple and God’s presence is pictured as a confirming cloud. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to do God’s will and appreciate His presence in our lives.
Read I Kings 8:1-5
I. The Ark on the Road.
- Attendance and timing. Notice in vss. 1-2 that everyone was summoned to the placement of the Ark. .....Let’s work on promoting faithful attendance and being wise stewards of how many times we call people together.
- Knowing and doing our parts. Notice in vss. 3-4 that the Priest handled the Ark, tent of meeting, and furnishings.....Let’s work on knowing and doing our parts in God’s work.
- Generous giving. Notice in vs. 5 that the people gave generously. ….. Let’s work on being generous givers.
Read I Kings 8:6-13
II. The Ark at Home.
- The stone tablets. Notice in vs. 9 that the two stone tablets in the Ark are thought to be what we call the 10 Commandments...... Let’s work on obeying God’s will for our lives.
- God’s presence. Notice in vs. 10 that the cloud symbolized God’s presence. .....Let’s work on living like we are in the presence of the Lord.
- In-tuned with God’s will. Notice in vs. 12 that Solomon comments about the Lord’s house being built and the Lord being present. ….. Let’s support leaders who are striving to lead as God sees fit.
Conclusion: Let’s work on doing God’s will and appreciating His presence in our lives. God has much for those who obey His will.