Introduction: A key idea in today’s material is that Solomon urges the people to obey God and be blessed. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to walk in obedience to God’s blessed will.
Read I Kings 8:54-56
I. Solomon’s Blessing.
- After we pray. Notice in vs. 54 that Solomon finishes his prayers and supplications and then moves on to bless the people......Let’s work on praying and all of that God would have for us to do.
- Being a blessing to others. Notice in vs. 55 that Solomon blesses the people. .....Let’s work on being blessings to others.
- God the promise keeper. Notice in vs. 56 that God is pictured as a promise keeper. .....Let’s live like we believe this.
Read I Kings 8:57-61
II. Solomon’s Desire.
- Cooperating with God’s turning. Notice in vss. 58, 61 that there was a concern for God to turn the hearts of His people towards obeying God’s will......Let’s pray for and work towards cooperating with God’s turning of the hearts of people.
- Our prayers and needs. Notice in vs. 59 that God is able to hear the prayers of His people and respond to their daily needs. .....Let’s live like we believe that God hears our prayers and is responsive to our needs.
- Influencing others. Notice in vs. 60 that there is a concern with all the people of the Earth knowing God because of the obedience of God’s people. ….. Let’s work on being the salt of the Earth and light of the world.
Conclusion: Let’s work on walking in obedience to God’s blessed will. God has much for those who obey His will.