Introduction: A key idea in today’s material is that Solomon prays for the Lord to be responsive to those who obediently pray towards the Temple. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to live obedient and prayerful lives.
Read I Kings 8:22-26
I. God in Israel..
- God’s uniqueness and faithfulness. Notice in vss. 23-24 that God is pictured as unique and faithful. .....Let’s live like we appreciate God’s uniqueness and faithfulness.
- God and our positions. Notice in vss. 25-26 the relationship between obeying God and God allowing a descendant of David to stay on the throne......Let’s live like we understand that God can promote and keep us, if we obey Him.
Read I Kings 8:27-30
II. God in Heaven.
- God and the Temple. Notice in vss. 27-30 that God is bigger than the Temple, but Solomon prayed for God to be attentive to the prayers that were prayed towards the Temple. .....Let’s pray like God is a big God who hears us.
– Our prayer lives. Notice in vss. 28-30 that Solomon sees himself as a praying servant among other people of God who are known for praying as well....... Let’s work on helping our churches be known for the healthy prayer lives of her members.
Read I Kings 8:52, 53
III. God in All the Earth.
– God’s grace. Notice in vs. 53 that Solomon acknowledges that he and the people of Israel were in place because of God’s grace through Moses and others......Let’s live like we are here by God’s grace, which often comes through people.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living obedient and prayerful lives. God has much for those who obey His will.
<a href="http://www.christian-living-site.com/">Click here for home page.<a>