Introduction: A key idea in today’s material is that Solomon reminds the people of God being a promise keeper regarding the Temple. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to live like God is a promise keeper in our lives.
Read I Kings 8:14-15
- Assembling together. Notice in vs. 14 that the whole assembly of Israel was gathered. .....Let’s work on being the in the assembly and making the assemble a great place to be.
- God the promise keeper. Notice in vs. 15 the call to praise the Lord because He is a promise keeper. ….. Let’s praise God for being a promise keeper.
Read I Kings 8:16-21
- Remembering how we got here. Notice in vs. 16 that the Lord’s bringing His people out of Egypt is remembered...... Let’s work on living like we know that God has brought us this far.
- Understanding and obeying God’s will. Notice in vss. 16-19 the idea of understanding and obeying God’s will. .....Let’s work on understanding, obeying, and trusting God’s will.
- Doing our part. Notice in vss. 20-21 that Solomon played his part in God’s will regarding the building of the Temple......Let’s do our part in the relay race.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living like God is a promise keeper in our lives. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.