Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God allows warring twins to be born. This discussion centers around how, “We will be challenged to trust and obey God, no matter how long it takes and what conflicts are experienced. ”
Key Points –
1. Marriage. Notice in 20 that Isaac was 40 years old when he married Rebekah......Let’s make sure we stay supportive of God’s expectations for marriage.
2. Our prayer lives. Notice in vss. 21-22 that both Isaac and Rebekah prayed. Isaac prayed about his wife being childless, and God answered with pregnancy. .....Let’s work on our prayer lives.
3. God’s moving despite conflict. Notice in vs. 23 that God foreknew about the conflict between the twins and the future people groups......Let’s trust God, even in the time of conflict.
4. Faith for the wait. Notice in vs. 26 that the twins were born 20 years into the marriage......Let’s work on developing our faith, so we don’t lose heart, if we have to wait.
5. Ministering to young people. Notice in vss. 27-28 that the boys grew to have their own identities and their parents chose their favorites. .....Let’s work on ministering to our young people.
Conclusion: Let’s work on trusting and obeying God, no matter how long it takes and what conflicts are experienced. God has much for those who obey His will.
What is one thing you will take from this material and work on, in regard to your discipleship goals?