Introduction: A key idea in today’s lesson is Jesus is rejected, but He yet does some good works. This discussion centers around how, “we will be challenged to do what we can, in spite of rejection."
Read: Matthew 13:54-58
Summary Highlights: Jesus teaches in the synagogue, in His hometown. He does a unique and wise job. The town’s people wondered how someone with such an humble beginning could do such marvelous things.
The people were offended at/by Jesus. Jesus talked about the prophet’s dishonor at home. He did not do many mighty works because of their unbelief.
1. Teaching and learning, so we can live. Notice in vs. 54 that Jesus was teaching in the synagogue......Let’s work on being in the teaching/learning sessions, so we can live like God wants us to live.
2. Focus on God more than His methods. Notice in vss. 55-56 that the people in Jesus’ home town were more concerned with Him than the mighty teaching that He was doing. .....Let’s work on staying focused on God more than the people or methods that God uses.
3. Don’t be offended by the truth. Notice in vs. 57 that the people were offended about how the truth applied to them being the rejecting hometown.....Let’s fight the temptation of being offended by the truth.
4. Faith development. Notice in vs. 58 that the people’s lack of faith led to their lack of blessings. .....Let’s work on our faith development.
5. Doing what you can. Notice in vs. 58 that Jesus did not do many mighty works. .....Let’s not allow our inability to do all that we want to do to keep us from doing those things that we can do.here to let us know, if this has been quality and helpful information for you (i.e., make sure you let us know the name of the article). Feel free to share your questions and comments about the article as well.