Introduction: A key idea in today’s lesson is Jesus had mercy because of a mother’s faith. This discussion centers around how, “we will be challenged to work on developing our faith, so we can be recipients of more mercy."
Read: Mark 7:24-30
Summary Highlights: Jesus wanted to minster to a possessed girl, without the crowd. However, He could not be hidden. The mother of the possessed girl was a Greek and Gentile.
Jesus and the mother exchange words. Despite Jesus’ comparing the Gentiles to dogs, the mother sought grace and healing for her daughter. Jesus healed the daughter.
1. On the move. Notice in vs. 24 that Jesus is on the move...…Let’s work on being busy in serving the Lord.
2. Word of mouth. Notice in vs. 25 how the power of “word of mouth” helped Jesus minister to the people......Let’s work on telling especially people whom we know about the goodness of the Lord.
3. Humility. Notice in vss. 25-26 that humility is in order. ......Let’s work on being humble with God.
4. Stay focused. Notice in vs. 28 that the woman stayed focus, in spite of being compared to a dog/pet. …..Let’s work on staying focused.
5. God can do it. Notice in vs. 29 that Jesus healed the Gentile daughter......Let’s work on trusting God to do great things.
6. Our young people. Notice in vs. 30 that the young daughter was healed. …..Let’s work harder to minister to our young people.
What is one thing you will take from this material and work on, in regard to your discipleship goals?