Introduction: A key idea in today's lesson is God sent a new leader and the people pledged to follow. This discussion centers around how, “we will be challenged to follow the one God sends to lead us."
Summary Highlights: After Moses died, the Lord spoke to Joshua. The Lord told him to go and possess the land. As the Lord was with Moses, He would be with Joshua. The Lord tells Joshua several times to be strong and of good courage.
The key to Joshua's prosperity and success is obedience to God's word. The Lord promises to be with Joshua. Joshua commanded the officers, who were to command the people. There would be movement in three days.
The people declared their allegiance to Joshua. They said they would be as obedient to him, as they were to Moses. They wanted the Lord to be with Joshua, as He was with Moses.
1. God’s structure. Notice in vs. 1 that the Lord spoke to Joshua, the new leader. ….. Let’s live like we appreciate what God is doing through earthly leaders.
2. God’s plans. Notice in vs. 5 that no man or person can stop what God has planned to happen. Let's live in this confidence.
3. Strong and courageous. Notice in vss. 6-9 the importance of being strong and courageous in obeying God's word. .....Let’s work on being strong and courageous in the Lord.
4. Humility. Notice the command structure in vss. 10-11. .....Let's work on the humility needed to follow commands, instructions, and leadership.
5. Integrity. Notice the noble thoughts of followership in vss. 16-17. .....Let's work on being real about what we are saying.
What is one thing you will take from this material and work on, in regard to your discipleship goals?
Please click here to let us know, if this has been quality and helpful information for you (i.e., make sure you let us know the name of the article). Feel free to share your questions and comments about the article as well.