Introduction: Almost all of us can talk about how our lives have been one thing after another. In our text, Paul has ups and downs. This discussion centers around how, “We should be mindful of kindness, bad things, and our identity.”
1. Christians should be kind. Notice in Acts 28:2 that the islanders were unusually kind. ..... Let’s work on being loving and kind.
2. Love responds to needs. James 2:15-17 talks about the need to respond to the needs of people. ..... Let’s be need responsive believers.
3. Sometimes we are reaping the bad that we have sown. Notice that passages like Galatians 6:7 supports how we reap what we sow. ..... Let’s avoid sowing bad seed, so we can avoid reaping bad results.
4. Bad things happen to relatively good people. Notice Romans 3:10 teaches that there is none who is righteous. .....Let’s brace ourselves for dealing with bad things.
5. God is still in your story. Notice in Acts 28:5-6 that God allowed Paul to shake the snake off and suffer no swelling. .....Let’s live like we believe that God is still in our stories.
6. Focus on what God says more than what “they” say. Notice in Acts 27:23-24 that Paul understood who he was in relationship to God. ..... Let’s focus on what God says, more than what “they” say.
What is one thing you will take from this session and work on, in regard to your discipleship goals?7/31/19 aft fw no side ad and home link aft ben Please click here to let us know, if this has been quality and helpful information for you (i.e., make sure you let us know the name of the article). Feel free to share your questions and comments about the article as well.