Holy Land … Have you ever been to Israel? Have you ever thought about what it would be like to see the mountains, water, and grass that Jesus saw?
My wife and I visited and toured Israel for the purpose of experiencing the land that Jesus lived in. It was a once in a life time trip for us. We wrote, Holy Land, to share the experience with especially our church family and our website family.
Benefits of The Book
- You will be thrilled by the over 110 pictures. When you purchase the electronic version below, the pictures will be in full color.
- You will be fascinated with the commentary that we provide on the various places we went and things we did on our tour. Because we had a personal tour guide and driver for our five nights, we have many detailed experiences to share. Many of the members of our church have commented about how it seems like they have been to Israel, after reading the book.
- You will be challenged to think with us about our lingering issues. What makes a land holy? If Israel is holy, with all of its religious overlap and violence, then why can’t the neighborhood around my church be holy, with its over 50 churches?
How are believers to feel about Muslims and Jews making a living selling Christian items and talking about Christian history? How can African Americans and Jews work together, in light of their similar stories of oppression – African American Slavery and Jewish Holocaust?
- Even though you can secure the 105 page black and white paperback version from Amazon.com (click
Holy Land: A Reflective Journey to Israel to purchase), we think the full color PDF version would be best for those with digital reading devises. And the PDF version is 28% cheaper. Please click the “Add to Cart” button to purchase your PDF (i.e., portable document format) electronic copy of our book.
What follows are some of the major things that we did each day of our tour as described in our Holy Land book:
On day one of our touring,
- The Church of Multiplication (Jesus’ feeding the 5,000 with fish and loaves)
- The Church of St. Peter’s Primacy. (see Jn. 21:1, 16-17)
- Sea of Galilee
- Capernaum, Galilee. (see Mt. 11:23)
- Korazin. (see Lk. 10:13-15)
- Mt. Carmel
- The Church of the Beatitudes (see Mt. 5:13-12)
On day two of our touring,
- The Church of the Miracle
- Nazareth (see Mt 2:21-23)
- Megiddo (see Revelations 16:16, Armageddon)
- Beit Shean (see Jos. 17:12 and I Sam. 31:10)
- Garden of Gethsemane
- The Church of All Nations
On day three of our touring,
- Old City of Jerusalem
- The Four Quarters
- The Church of the Holy Sepulchre
- Via Dolorosa
- Chapel of Flagellation
- Western Wall also known as the Wailing Wall
- Mount Zion and King David’s tomb
- Church of St. Anne and the Pools of Bethesda
- Thousands of graves around the Temple and the Mount of Olives
- Bethlehem, Church of the Nativity, and the Jerusalem Cross
- Church of John the Baptist
On day four of our touring,
- Joshua’s Crossing
- The City of Jericho
- The Dead Sea
On day five of our touring,
- Dead Sea Scrolls Museum
- Israel Museum
- Bible Land Museum
- Holocaust Museum
- Western Wall and Rabbinical Tunnels
The following are some lingering issues in this Holy Land book for me:
- How do believers make the land that they live in holy land?
- Ethiopian Jews and Coptic Christianity
- Jews and Muslims pimping Christianity
- Similarities between African American and Jewish struggle for freedom and liberty
Please click the “Add to Cart” button to purchase your PDF (i.e., portable document format) electronic copy of our book.
Please click here to let us know, if this has been quality and helpful information for you (i.e., make sure you let us know the name of the article). Feel free to share your questions and comments about the article as well.
If you've found this website helpful, please click the Donate button. I'm grateful for your support.