Healthy delicious recipes, as used in this article, is a reference to arrangements of food that are tasty, good for you, and don’t take long to make.
If you are like me, you like different types of food to eat, and you want them to be quick and healthy. Many of these recipes are low calorie and have low carbohydrate. These three recipes will aid with watching your weight and managing your time.
Please remember that it is recommended that diabetics eat no more than 45 carbohydrates in their meals and 15 carbohydrates in their snacks.
1. Alfredo Sauce – 10 minutes to make (4 serving)
- 3 tbsp margarine
- 1/4 cup white all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese or Fat Free Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Heat margarine in a pot; whisk in flour. Cook over medium heat, stirring continually for 1 minute. Mix in milk and bring to a boil. Continue boiling, 1 to 2 minutes, stirring continually until thick.
2. Lower heat and mix in cheese, nutmeg, salt, and pepper and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
Healthy delicious recipes like this one are perfect over fettuccine for a classic meal, or served over chicken breast.
190 calories, 9.4 grams of protein, 14 grams of carbohydrate, 10 grams of fat, .3 gram of fiber
2. All American Fried Chicken – 25 minutes to make (4 serving)
- 16 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts , butterflied and lightly pounded (4-4 oz. pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided, 1/4 cup finely ground and 1/4 cup coarsely ground
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 egg whites, beaten
- 2 pinch black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 2 pinch salt, to taste (optional)
- 2 tbsp canola oil (oil for frying)
1. Season the chicken with salt (optional) and freshly ground black pepper. Combine the eggs and egg whites in a bowl.
2. Dip the chicken into the finely chopped nuts and coat.
3. Next, dip the chicken into the beaten egg mixture, and then into the coarsely ground nuts, coating evenly.
4. Fry the chicken on medium heat until golden brown, approximately 4 minutes per side.
5. When removing the chicken, handle with care, and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
6. Season with salt (optional) and pepper to taste, and serve.
Almonds can be substituted for the pecans in these types of healthy delicious recipes.
338 calories, 36.2 grams of protein, 2.4 grams of carbohydrate, 20 grams of fat, .9 gram of fiber
3. Apple Coleslaw – 5 minutes preparation and 2 hours chill time (12 serving)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 5 cups fresh shredded cabbage
- 5 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped green onion
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped (Granny Smith)
1. In a large bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, cider vinegar, salt and pepper, stir well and set aside.
2. In another bowl, combine cabbages, carrots, green onions, and Granny Smith apple.
3. Add yogurt mixture, and toss well to mix. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
67 calories, 1.4 grams of protein, 8.3 grams of carbohydrate, 20 grams of fat, 3.3 gram of fiber
Conclusion: If you want to work on getting your health together, you must work on your diet. These healthy recipes will help you start.
Please click here to let us know, if this has been quality and helpful information for you (i.e., make sure you let us know the name of the article). Feel free to share your questions and comments about the article as well.
If you've found this website helpful, please click the Donate button. I'm grateful for your support.