Healthy Delicious Recipes: Another 3 Great Meals
Healthy delicious recipes, as used in this article, is a reference to arrangements of food that are tasty, good for you, and don’t take long to make.
If you are like me, you like different types of food to eat, and you want them to be quick and healthy. Many of these recipes are low calorie and have low carbohydrate. These three recipes will aid with watching your weight and managing your time.
Please remember that it is recommended that diabetics eat no more than 45 carbohydrates in their meals and 15 carbohydrates in their snacks.
1. Apple Stuffed Chicken – 45 minutes (4 serving)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts - 1/2 cup chopped apples - 2 tbsp cheese, cheddar, sharp, shredded - 1 tbsp bread crumbs, Italian style
- 1 tbsp salted butter - 1/4 cup white wine, dry - 1/4 cup water - 1 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch - 1 tbsp chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Combine apple, cheese, and bread crumbs. Set aside.
2. Flatten chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper to 1/4 inch thickness.
3. Divide apple mixture between chicken breasts, and roll up each breast. Secure with toothpicks.
4. Melt butter or margarine in a 7 inch skillet over medium heat. Brown stuffed chicken breasts. Add wine and 1/4 cup water. Cover. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
5. Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Combine 1 tablespoon water and cornstarch; stir into juices in pan. Cook and stir until thickened.
6. Pour gravy over chicken, and garnish with parsley. Serve.
Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apples are perfect for healthy delicious recipes like these.
132 calories, 14.3 grams of protein, 4.8 grams of carbohydrate, 4.8 grams of fat, .5 gram of fiber
2. Baked Barbecue Chicken – 1 1/2 hour (6 serving)
- 1 Chicken, broiler/fryer, whole, with skin, raw , cut into pieces (2 to 3 pounds)- 2 tsp garlic powder - 1 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place chicken in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle with garlic powder. Cover and bake 1 hour.
3. Remove baking dish from oven and drain any fat from dish. Pour the barbecue sauce evenly over the chicken and continue to bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Remove and serve.
142 calories, 5.6 grams of protein, 22.4 grams of carbohydrate, 2.9 grams of fat, .2 gram of fiber
3. "Baked Potato" Dip – 5 minutes (32 serving)
- 32 oz sour cream (2- 16 oz containers) - 3 oz vegetarian meat, bacon bits - 2 cup Cheese, cheddar, sharp, shredded - 1 onion, green, tops & bulb, fresh, large , chopped (1 bunch)
1. In a medium size mixing bowl, combine sour cream, bacon, Cheddar cheese, and green onions; stir well.
2. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and serve.
Serve with low-fat, low-carb baked corn chips for healthy delicious recipes like these.
85.1 calories, 2.8 grams of protein, 2.2 grams of carbohydrate, 7 grams of fat, 0 gram of fiber
Conclusion: If you want to work on getting your health together, you must work on your diet. Healthy delicious recipes like these will help you start.
From Healthy Delicious Recipes to Christian Health
From Healthy Delicious Recipes to Home Page