Introduction: This discussion centers around how, “we will be challenged to minister to the needs of people."
Summary Highlights: Jesus heals two blind men. The men were healed because of their faith. They went and told others about their healing, even though Jesus told them not to tell anyone.
A man possessed with a demon was brought to Jesus. Jesus healed him. Some marveled at the healing. The Pharisees accused Jesus of being in partnership with the devil.
John sends messengers to inquire about Jesus’ identity. Jesus sent word about the works that were being done. He talked about there being blessings for those who are not offended.
1. Faith development. Notice in vss. 28-29 the importance of having enough faith to be healed. .....Let’s work on developing enough faith to be healed and pleasing to God.
2. Obeying God, instead of our own will. Notice in vss. 30-31 that the healed men followed after their zeal, instead of after divine instructions. .....Let’s work on being obedient, instead of simply following after our own desires.
3. Ministry partnerships. Notice in vs. 32 that at least two people were involved in helping the demon possessed man get hooked up with Jesus..... Let’s work on being in ministry partnerships that help people get hooked up with Jesus.
4. Being in the right group. Notice in vss. 33-34 that some marveled at the ministry of Jesus and others accused Him of wrongdoing...... Let’s make sure we are in that group that marvels and praises God for His great works.
5. Validating works. Notice in vss. 4-5 that Jesus had more than words to His credit. He had many good works...... Let’s work on having enough works to validate our claims of being disciples of Christ.
6. Accepting God’s will, instead of being offended by it. Notice in vs. 6 that there are blessings attached to not being offended by what God is doing......Let’s work on accepting God’s will, instead of being offended by it.
Click here to go to the Home Page
Please click here to let us know, if this has been quality and helpful information for you (i.e., make sure you let us know the name of the article). Feel free to share your questions and comments about the article as well.