Introduction: A key idea in this lesson is Jesus faithfully fought off the devil’s attacks. This discussion centers around how, “we will be challenged to develop the faith to withstand the devil’s attacks."
Summary Highlights: Jesus is led into the wilderness by the Holy Spirit. He is tempted, while He is fasting. He fights off the temptation of following the devil’s suggestions. The devil takes Jesus to a pinnacle.
He quotes scripture to get Jesus to jump. Jesus fights the temptation with the word. The devil takes Jesus to a high mountain.
The devil offers Jesus all of the kingdoms, in exchange for Jesus’
worship. Jesus fights him off, before the devil leaves Him alone.
1. When the Spirit leads you into hard times. Notice in vs. 1 that it was the Holy Spirit who led Jesus into the wilderness of satanic temptation...... Let’s work on developing the faith to trust and obey God, when God is responsible for the trouble in our lives.
2. The balance between bread and the word. Notice in vs. 4 that the people of God shall not live by bread alone. .....Let’s seek the wisdom and wherewithal to find the balance between necessary bread and obedience to God.
3. Seeking the greater good. Notice in vs. 7 that Jesus lives by the greater good......Let’s seek the wisdom and wherewithal to live by the greater good and will of God
4. God is more powerful than the devil. Notice that the devil has power, but it is less than the power of God. .....Let’s live like we believe that God has more power than the devil.
5. Worship and service. Notice in vs. 10 that Jesus
teaches that the people of God are to worship and serve God only......Let’s worship and serve God only.
6. There is help on the way. Notice in vs. 11 that help did come. .....Let’s develop the faith to keep obeying God with the confidence that God will take care of His own.Click here to go to the Home Page Please click here to let us know, if this has been quality and helpful information for you (i.e., make sure you let us know the name of the article). Feel free to share your questions and comments about the article as well.