Introduction: All of us know something about being distressed or grieved. And we have been tempted to deal with our pain in unhealthy ways. Our text shows David under stress and yet handling himself in a godly way. This discussion centers around how, “We should move past our pain with godly encouragement."
1. Our families are under attack. As in the text, the enemy is attacking our families. ….. Let’s live like we understand that the devil is attacking our families.
2. Pain can tempt us to do the wrong thing. In our text, David seems to deal with the attacks in his life in a godly way. .....Let’s live like we understand that we can be tempted to deal with our attacks in ungodly ways.
3. Leaders suffer as well. Notice that David suffered in our text on three fronts. .....Let’s live like we understand that the devil is attacking our leaders.
4. God is still God. God made away in our text. .....Let’s live like we understand that God is still God
5. Learn to encourage yourself. Our text talks about David encouraging himself, in the Lord. .....Let’s work on encouraging ourselves.
What is one thing you will take from this material and work on, in regard to your discipleship goals?
Please click here to let us know, if this has been quality and helpful information for you (i.e., make sure you let us know the name of the article). Feel free to share your questions and comments about the article as well.