You Can Earn High
Earn high, in this article, is a reference to making enough money to both live on and invest for future goals. For some, it may be $50,000/year, for others it may be $100,000/year.It depends on how much your life style costs, how long you have to save and invest, how well your investments do, and how much your retirement life style costs.
In the article on financial stewardship (click here to see the article), we learned the importance of earning high for God's sake. The following five tidbits will prove helpful, in actually earning high:
1. Search yourself. God has uniquely shaped each one of us with various passions and abilities (see Ps. 139:14; Phil. 2:12-13). Make time to jot down the things that you are passionate about. For some, it may be a passion to help the poor. Some like to deal with finances. Others like to teach.
Jot down your various skills and abilities. Some do well with computers. Others do well with negotiating agreements. And yet others do better with general labor.
Take some time to become familiar with what God has already placed in you. The more closer your work is to your God given passions and abilities the more fulfilled you will be on your job or in your business.
2. Look for some profitable passions. Your passions and abilities will point towards various career fields or occupations. Research how profitable the career fields and occupations are. That is, see if you can earn high, in the area that you are passionate about.
The United States Department of Labor (www.bls.gov) is a good place to start your research, in addition to doing an internet and library search.
Let's face it, there must be a balance between passion and profit. If you are passionate about singing but cannot make enough money to pay your bills, not to mention invest, then you need to do more searching than singing (smile).
On the other hand, there are too many who make good money but hate their job. They have profit without passion. Try to find as much over lap as possible, realizing that you must make more than you need to live on, in order to invest for financial goals.
3. Consider business opportunities. Small businesses are very important to especially the American economy. It is also true that many people are being terminated from large companies. Thus, having your own business has its attractions.
However, everyone is not cut out to be a business owner. Do some soul searching about God's will for you, in this area. If it is God's will, proceed. If it is not God's will, find a good job.
4. Position yourself. Given that you have found some clarity about what job or business opportunity you want to pursue, based on researching your passions and abilities along with what is profitable, now you need to position yourself.
Find out what you need, in order to get the job or take advantage of the business opportunity. See what is available in the library and on the internet. Interview people who are where you want to be.
5. Be proactive. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. talked about "the paralysis of analysis." In other words, at some point, you have to stop doing analysis, research, and soul searching. You have to make and execute a plan.
Based on your research, what job or business opportunity are you positioning for? What do you need to do to be in position? What do you need to do over the next 90, 30, and 7 days? What do you need to do today? How well are you doing in carrying out your plan?
These are some of the questions you need to use in planning your work and staying focused on working your plan.
In summary, you can earn high by searching yourself, looking for profitable passions, considering business opportunities, positioning yourself, and being proactive. The question now is will you apply what you have learned? Click here to purchase a highly recommended package on "Christian Financial Freedom."
|The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness, Third Edition|
By Dave Ramsey / Thomas Nelson
Is your "owe" starting to show? Shrink your waste line, bulk up your bank balance, and get into financial shape with money expert Ramsey's comprehensive and simple plan for debt-free living. You'll be fiscally fit in no time! This revised edition of the bestseller features all-new success stories and Dave's answers to his critics. Hardcover; A Focus on the Family Recommendation.
By Larry Burkett / Moody Publishers
To build a sturdy house, your builder needs a blueprint. Without it, the house might collapse. To find your way on a journey, you need a map. Without it, you might get lost. To manage your finances correctly, you need a budget. Respected Christian financial expert Larry Burkett used God's Word to show how using a budget will develop a plan of good stewardship. He not only explains the process of creating a budget, he also points out the practical aspects of living on one.
|Family Money Management God's Way|
By Mahlon Hetrick / Barbour Publishing
Worried about money? Take control of your personal finances with Family Money Management God's Way - a practical, easy-to-use guide for anyone seeking financial freedom. This useful guide offers a clear vision of the benefits of financial freedom, and practical thoughts for attaining that goal. With step-by-step instructions on tracking and controlling spending, creating a budget, and getting out of debt, Family Money Management God's Way includes all the worksheets you'll need, perforated and reproducible. It's a powerful tool to help you bust free from debt and start living abundantly.
Please click here to let us know, if this has been quality and helpful information for you (i.e., make sure you let us know the name of the article). Feel free to share your questions and comments about the article as well.
Christian Financial Freedom: A Review Article Worth Your Time
From Earn High to Christian Finance
From Earn High to Home Page