Diet, in this article, is a reference to what you eat and drink. Remember that part of taking control of your Christian health is monitoring your food consumption. Many consume too much food, because they don’t feel full. Two essential nutrients that lead to a feeling of fullness are fiber and proteins. In this article, we will focus on foods with fiber.
Fiber is important to people who are looking for fullness, because it is a natural bulk forming element. It can absorb water and swell in the stomach making a person feel as though they have eaten enough food to satisfy them. Ivillage.com gives a list of 50 foods that should be included in your food selection that will help you lose weight. Part of the reason some of these foods are helpful is they make you feel full.
The following are five foods that will help you feel full and lead to a better eating.
1. Greek Yogurt. It is important to include foods with protein in your eating plan. According to Angela Ginn, a registered dietician in Baltimore, “Protein not only keeps you satisfied longer but takes about 25 percent more energy to digest than fat.” Experts believe Greek yogurt has twice the amount of protein than tradition yogurt. If you are looking for ways to sweeten the Greek yogurt, add fruit.
2. Eggs. Another food to include in your eating routine is eggs. Eggs are also full of protein. As we discussed earlier, protein keeps you satisfied longer. Eggs are affordable and easy to cook. Eggs can be eaten at breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snacks. Egg whites may be something you want to consider also.
3. Nut Butter. As a child, you may have eaten an ample amount of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Most of us ate this because it was affordable and easy to prepare. It was also filling.
Consider adding peanut, almond, and other nut butters in your menu, because they have a dose of protein in them which will keep you satisfied. Be careful about the amount you use, because these nut butters may contain a large amount of fat in them.
4. Milk. An eight-ounce glass of milk contains around 9 grams of protein and 300 mg of calcium. Adding milk will give you around 1/3 of the calcium women need a day. Let me suggest skim milk, because whole milk has much more fat in eat glass.
5. Cheese. A diet that has cheese in it will also give you a feeling of fullness. There are at least 6 grams of protein in each ounce of cheese you eat.
Choose cheeses that are low in fat, such as mozzarella and sharp, and have a delicious small piece to load you up with protein. Cheese can be eaten at any of your meals and snacks. Be creative.
In summary, taking charge of your Christian health involves being concerned with your eating routine. Finding foods that are rich in protein will help you feel full. Feeling full will lead to you eating less and eating a healthier diet.
Please click here to let us know, if this has been quality and helpful information for you (i.e., make sure you let us know the name of the article). Feel free to share your questions and comments about the article as well.
If you've found this website helpful, please click the Donate button. I'm grateful for your support.