Introduction: A key idea in this lesson is God provides a mysterious way of life to that which is otherwise dead. This discussion centers around how, “we will be challenged to receive God's life, instead of remaining in death."
Summary Highlights: Ezekiel sees a vision or something. He is taken to several locations relative to the Temple. Water is flowing from the Temple. He talks about how the water goes deeper and deeper, as it leads away from the Temple eastward.
Ezekiel's guide takes him to a place where he can see the benefits of the water that flows from the Temple to the Dead Sea. Trees and vegetation spring up. Fish and the fishing trade are on the rise. The leaves of the fruit trees are good for healing.
1. Effective communication. Notice in vss. 1-5 that we see the use of a picture or image. ….. Let's be open to using pictures, images, and comparisons that will help us communicate the truths of God.
2. Living water. Notice in vs. 1 that the living water came from the Temple. …..Let's work on letting the living word of God run in our lives and through our lives for the benefit of others.
3. Wadding out into the water. Notice in vss. 3-5 that the water got deeper as one got further from the Temple......Let's work on wadding out into the deep water of discipleship.
4. God’s concern with practical matters. Notice in vs. 10 that the word of God is concerned with practical matters like food, medicine, and employment...... Let's work on lining up with God’s word, so we can receive all that He has for us.
5. Swamps and marshes. Notice in vs. 11 that where the river does not flow, there is swampy marshy death. …..Let's work to make sure that we are in the living word of God, by making sure we are saved and growing in the Lord.
What is one thing you will take from this material and work on, in regard to your discipleship goals?