Introduction: A key idea in today's lesson is that God is willing to show grace on those who obey His will. This discussion centers around how, “we will be challenged to obey His will and then trust His distribution of grace."
1. Real repentance. Notice in vs. 10 that the Ninevites had a change of heart and behavior. Let's strive to make sure our hearts and behavior are in line with God's will.
2. God's repentance. Notice in vs. 10 the strange language of God repenting. Instead of playing games with God, trying to see how far we can test His limits and trying to figure Him out, let's focus on obedience.
3. Real prayer. Notice in vss. 1-3 that Jonah shared with God what was on his heart. Let's work on improving our prayer lives.
4. God's grace. Notice in vs. 2 that God is gracious and merciful. Let's learn to trust God's distribution of grace and mercy.
5. Taking a seat. Notice in vss. 4-5 that God inquires about the soundness of Jonah's anger. Let's learn to take a seat and ponder in our hearts the circumstances of our lives and most importantly the will of God.Click here for more Discussion Noteshere to let us know, if this has been quality and helpful information for you (i.e., make sure you let us know the name of the article). Feel free to share your questions and comments about the article as well.